Named for and owned by James M. Burke (±1865-1941) of 68 Commercial Street. Lawrence Segura was the master in 1932. The James M. Burke was named the boat with the oldest crew at the Second Anniversary Ball of the Provincetown Fishermen’s Association in January 1939. She was described by The Advocate in 1941 as one of the largest boats in the Provincetown fleet, along with the New England and the Cormorant. Her crew included John J. O’Donnell (d 1945), who also fished on the Wallace & Roy. Blessed by Bishop Cassidy in 1948. John M. Silva of 342R Commercial Street was the owner at one time.