Those Tourists in front of the Public Library may be the town’s most beloved public sculpture. The artist, Chaim Gross (1904-1991), created all manner of beguiling works in a career that spanned seven decades — “jugglers, tumblers, dancers, mothers playing with children and other happy, lively figures.” (John T. McQuiston, “Chaim Gross, 87, Wood Sculptor Of Exuberant Human Forms, Dies,” The New York Times, 7 May 1991.) As significant a figure as he was, Gross was not the first artist on this magnificent hilltop. George Elmer Browne ran his school of art here in the early 20th century. Gross and his wife, Renee, bought the property in 1951. It still belongs to their daughter, the artist Miriam L. “Mimi” Gross (b 1940). Balance of the entry to be written.