Perry’s Wine and Liquors was a simple one-story structure (top) until 2008. Then the new owners of both the property and the business, Thomas Fielding and M. Scott O’Connor, expanded the building to two-and-a-half stories (bottom), working with the architect Neal Kimball. Perry’s was founded in 1934, when Marion “Bert” Perry opened a food market where Relish is now, 93 Commercial. In 1967, Perry transferred his retail package store license to this property. Ernest Carreiro added fava beans and baked stuffed clams to the offerings when he ran the store. Fielding and O’Connor have added cheeses, meats, pâtés, olives, and nuts. By rearranging one large letter in the window sign, they can proclaim “OPEN” or “NOPE.”
More than 2,000 buildings and vessels are searchable on buildingprovincetown.com. The Building Provincetown book is available for purchase ($20) at Town Hall, Office of the Town Clerk, 260 Commercial Street, Provincetown 02657.