It was the fondest dream of Msgr. Leo Duart (pictured), pastor of the Church of St. Peter the Apostle, to establish a parochial school in town. First, he needed teachers. And a place to house them. This was the place: the Convent of the Order of the Love of God, in a home donated in 1957 by Frank A. Days Jr., where he had lived with his wife, Anna Aurelia (Swett) Days. Under Mother Cecilia (pictured), the nuns soon arrived, in exile from Castro’s Cuba. The sun porch was converted into a small chapel. The school opened in 1967 at 5 Holway Avenue, but closed only four years later. The nuns moved to California. In the ’80s, this was the home of Pamela Genevrino and Linda Gerard, proprietors of the Pied Piper.
More than 2,000 buildings and vessels are searchable on buildingprovincetown.com. The Building Provincetown book is available for purchase ($20) at Town Hall, Office of the Town Clerk, 260 Commercial Street, Provincetown 02657.