A well-preserved cottage colony from the 1950s includes five 16-by-16-foot bungalows, virtually identical, in a neat row paralleling Dewey Avenue. Since 1985, this has been the Waterside Condominium. Cottage 5, in the foreground of the smaller photo, sold in 2013 for $165,000, seven-and-a-half times its sale price in 1985. Dewey Avenue was named for Adm. George Dewey, the hero (in the U.S., at least) of the Spanish-American War. It was part of the East Harbor Beach project of 1915 by M. F. Williamson. Other nearby streets, most of which never existed except on paper, took their names from then-recent presidents: Garfield, Cleveland, Harrison, McKinley, Roosevelt, Taft, and Wilson.
More than 2,000 buildings and vessels are searchable on buildingprovincetown.com. The Building Provincetown book is available for purchase ($20) at Town Hall, Office of the Town Clerk, 260 Commercial Street, Provincetown 02657.