For nearly 85 years — almost all of the 20th century — this property belonged to the Jason family. Amelia (Taves) Jason (b ±1878) acquired it in 1912 from Antone Almeda and Rose Almeda White. Mrs. Jason’s husband, Jesse L. Jason (1879-1946), who also lived here, was born in São Miguel in the Azores. He moved to Provincetown in about 1905 and was a fisherman. During this period, the family of Manuel Cabral also made their home here.
Three years after Jesse Jason’s death, the house passed from Amelia Jason to one of her three daughters, Beatrice Jason (b 1910), a chambermaid, who owned it for the rest of her life. It was sold by her estate in 1996 to Daniel J. Hochman (b 1966), a consultant, who continues to own it. • Assessor’s Online Database ¶ Posted 2012-12-27