Beginning in the 1860s, about 30 years after this house was constructed, it was the home of Jackson and Mary Rogers, both of whom had immigrated from Faial in the Azores, known as the “blue island” for its abundance of hydrangeas. After decades under other owners, the house came back into the hands of a family named Rogers in 1945, when Leo and Lillian Rogers bought it. They were associates of Edmund Steele, who took his life here in 1947. The property was acquired in 1980 by James Covey, John Cray, James Pardy, and James Hay Richmond (of the Richmond Inn), who ran it as the Courtland House B&B. Gary Palochko bought it in 1995 and renamed it the Revere Guest House — not for Paul Revere, but for his grandfather, Albert LaRivere. Palochko renovated the building in 2004.
More than 2,000 buildings and vessels are searchable on buildingprovincetown.com. The Building Provincetown book is available for purchase ($20) at Town Hall, Office of the Town Clerk, 260 Commercial Street, Provincetown 02657.