The Enos family has long owned this property, on which there are several out buildings around the main house, one of them shown above. It was the home of John R. Enos (±1895-1967) and Lena (Bent) Enos (b ±1893). Enos had emigrated as a boy from São Miguel and, in 1915, married Miss Bent. They had two children, Robert “Reggie” Enos and Florence (Enos) Burch, and lived long enough to celebrate a golden wedding anniversary in 1965. At that time, Enos had been retired for about a decade from fishing, a career he had begun long before sail-powered mackerel seiners had given way to engine-driven draggers.