A “commodious” Colonial Revival-style summer home was constructed in 1917 for R. E. Slade of Providence, according to Denise Avallon. It was so commodious that it long served as a guest house, lately called the White Dory; under Everett Glasgow, then Ahti Aho, then John Arthur Henry and William “Scottie” Scott, then William Ray Ingraham (pictured) and his husband, Raymond Sparks. (They were together a half century before getting married in 2007.) Ingraham was a carpenter and woodworker, an electrician, a firefighter, and the town clerk of the works for some key municipal projects. The White Dory, now a condo, has a private beach, across the street.
More than 2,000 buildings and vessels are searchable on buildingprovincetown.com. The Building Provincetown book is available for purchase ($20) at Town Hall, Office of the Town Clerk, 260 Commercial Street, Provincetown 02657.