Shortly after the turn of the century, when it was denominated 269 Commercial Street, this building, constructed in the 1850s, was the property Capt. Angus McKay, who also owned [?] the ill-fated Cora S. McKay and Willie A. McKay, both of them Grand Banks schooners that were lost in 1900; the Cora McKay with 28 men aboard. McKay dealt in dry goods and boots. A succeeding proprietor was Herman J. Robinson, whose clothing store was here at least through the 1960s. The building was heavily damaged in a three-alarm fire in March 2002 and was partly rebuilt. Recent tenants have included Soft as a Grape, Cuffy’s T-Shirt Shoppe and Zinnia.