Lucy Cross House (Casa Lucia da Cruz)
Early in the new year of 1919, Aylmer and Katie Small sold this house to Primo and Lucia da Cruz (Lucy Cross). It has been in the family ever since. Their daughter, Maria da Cruz (Mary Cross), married Preston Grant “Pat” Hall. The couple lived at 396 Commercial Street; operated the Souvenir Shop at 286 Commercial; the Gift Box at 397 Commercial; and, also at 397 Commercial, Pat’s Happy Parking and the Cinnamon Sands cottage.
Their daughter, Elena Curtis Hall, thoroughly renovated the building in 2008-2009 and now rents out an apartment and a bedroom suite.