We’re in Bangs country now. The Copper Fox condo is an unusual Greek Revival-style house built in 1856 with rounded, fluted corner pilasters. It was once the home of William Bangs, who dealt in stoves, tinware, plumbing, and bicycle repairing. He married Jennie McKenzie, whose sister was Jessie Ann (McKenzie) Engles of Wellesley College. She lived in this house until her death in 1943, and was followed by her daughter Ruth Engles, whose death in 1992 ended the Bangs connection after more than a century. Six years later, the house was purchased by John Gagliardi. He transformed it into the property you see now and called it the Copper Fox, honoring his parents’ sundry shop in Albany. After eight seasons, he sold it to Kathleen Ulisse and Jacquelyn Abromitis, who converted the 5,000-square-foot home into three condominiums.
More than 2,000 buildings and vessels are searchable on buildingprovincetown.com. The Building Provincetown book is available for purchase ($20) at Town Hall, Office of the Town Clerk, 260 Commercial Street, Provincetown 02657.