Under the same ownership as the guest house immediately to the west — Robert W. “Bob” Sanborn, Provincetown’s tourism director — but in a much different architectural style. It has 10 rooms. It was built around 1870 and was originally denominated 165 Commercial. George Matheson Allen, member of the firm Allen & Allen, lived here with his wife Helen. (His brother, Lou, lived next door, at No. 168 Commercial Street.) He died working on the company books in 1957, a pencil still in his hand. Jack Connell’s comment notes that he and his mother were left the house after Mrs. Allen died. They sold it in 1964.