Opposite the great Second Empire mansard at No. 174 is the handsomely ample corner turret of this Queen Anne-style house at 175 Commercial Street, built around 1870. The neo-Classical details of the broad front porch also distinguish the building. The Anchor and Ark Club was founded in 1935 and was headquartered here. The Seagull Restaurant was also operated here at the time. It has been the Anchor Inn Beach House for several decades.
It was purchased in 1960 by Sam Weiss and Dave Goldie of the Willows on Tremont Street. There are 24 rooms. Each has a bar, sink and refrigerator. Some have whirlpool baths, and fireplaces. Sixteen have waterfront balconies. Four have separate entrances through private porches. The property is owned and managed by David Silva, who also owns and manages the Red Inn.