Since 1995, the old Nickerson compound on either side of Ericsson Avenue — 72 Commercial, 72A Commercial and 72B Commercial — has been under common ownership, by Robert E. McCamant and John W. “Jack” Croucher. This lot includes a sweet little three-quarter Cape and a neo-Victorian greenhouse that McCamant and Croucher had constructed in 2002. The property had been owned for many years by the Rodgers family, who may have given their name to Rodgers Court, as Ericsson Avenue used to be called.
Capt. Neadom Osborn Rodgers (±1875-1953), a native of Nova Scotia who skippered the Cormorant in the early 20th century and then worked for Atlantic Coast Fisheries, lived here for much of his life. His wife, Lillian E. (Stanley) Rodgers, was active in the Centenary Methodist Church, welcoming the Girls’ Choir, the Choir Mothers and the Willing Workers groups to this house.