By far the newest shack, this was reconstructed after a 1990 fire by volunteers working under Bill Fitts of the Peaked Hill Trust.
It was originally built in 1917 by Charles Rogers, a town official. He sold it in 1926 to Alice Malkin, who was studying with Charles W. Hawthorne. Both the Malkin cottage and the nearby Peaked Hill Bars station were moved from the eroding dune cliff at about the same time and by the same mover, Jesse Meads, which may explain why they wound up so close together. When Malkin died in 1943, the cottage passed to her daughter, Zara Malkin. She was married to Irving Ofsevit from 1950 until his death in 1987, after which she married Samuel Jackson. Like the Tashas, the Jacksons’ continued occupancy depends on a special permit, renewable annually.