The signature National Seashore building is the hexagonal Province Lands Visitor Center of 1967-69, which replaced the Grand View Tower of 1955. It was designed by Benjamin Biderman of the Park Service’s Eastern Office of Design and Construction. F. Clifford Pearce Jr. also worked on the job.
Plate-glass windows on the main level and a wrap-around upper deck take great advantage of the siting. The low-slung shingled roof seems a perfect Cape Cod expression of the Mission 66 construction program in the National Parks. Biderman also designed the 700-seat Province Lands Amphitheater of 1968, near the Visitor Center.