The Coast Guard built its own Station Race Point from 1930 to 1931 on the site of the old Life-Saving Station, reusing a number of out buildings. The imposing three-and-a-half story main building has a hipped roof and a neo-Classical portico.
What is now the Oversand Station was built in 1888 as the stable for the life-saving complex. The nearby garage, also from the late 19th century, once served as a barn. Long gone is the oddly wonderful Watch Tower, designed by Julian Latham and constructed in 1932. It was, in essence, a dune shack on 25-foot-high stilts.
After the Coast Guard moved into town in 1979 , this station was taken over by the National Park Service and is used today by the Rangers.