Snug is the word for this 1825 house, now an eight-room inn. In the 1960s, A. Philip Tarvers Jr. had his real estate business here. By the mid-70s, it was the Bradford Gardens Inn, among the earliest women-owned guest houses. It was purchased in 2000 by James Mack, who renamed it Snug Cottage. As a Unitarian Universalist chaplain, Mack is empowered to officiate at weddings, an amenity not many guest houses could offer. He’s married to Jon Arterton, founder and arranger of the Flirtations, a gay a cappella group, and founder and director of the Outer Cape Chorale. The couple sold Snug Cottage in 2010 to William Wilkins and Brian Wilkins.
More than 2,000 buildings and vessels are searchable on buildingprovincetown.com. The Building Provincetown book is available for purchase ($20) at Town Hall, Office of the Town Clerk, 260 Commercial Street, Provincetown 02657.