Monumental Doric columns welcome visitors to the Colonial Revival house at 12 Bradford Street, built in 1890. Hard to believe that something so gracious should have had a very utilitarian past, but this was the Captain Manuel Enos Station, dispensing gasoline in the 1930s and 40s. It was in the Perry family for more than 60 years. Dr. Helen Perry (d 2004) lived here with her husband, Reginald P. Perry. One of four women to graduate from the Tufts University School of Medicine in 1943, she practiced obstetrics and gynecology for the next 41 years at five hospitals around Boston. Please see the comment from Ann Welles, which richly fills in family history and corrects several errors in this entry.