The Herring Cove Tennis Club was built in 1947 by Hawthorne Bissell and was known for many years as Bissell’s Tennis Courts and as the Cast Anchor Tennis Courts. There are five red-clay courts. The four-acre property was acquired in 2006 by the developers Jim Watkins and Dave Krohn. In 2008, they began opening units of the Herring Cove Village condominium complex between the tennis courts and the road.
The houses, by McMahon Architects of Boston, are punctuated by faux widow’s-walk cupolas. The landscape design is by David Berarducci of Boston.