There are a couple of these “Potemkin village” houses in town, with fully developed front facades that are only one bay deep, and a smaller ell structure in the back. (10 Pleasant Street is another such example.)
The house was owned in the early 60s by Anthony E. Perry and his wife, and from 1965 to 1998 by Kenneth Weed Atkins (1935-2009), a mechanic and an outdoorsman, who lived here with his mother [?], Eva F. Atkins (b 1907). He worked for his friend Neil Cordeiro at Neil’s Gulf Service Station, 130 Bradford Street, and also served at Fire Station No. 4 at 4 Johnson Street. (“Kenneth Atkins, 73,” The Banner, April 23, 2009.)
It was under renovation in the fall of 2012.