Peter Page, the owner of East Harbor Construction, acquired this Beach Point property in 2003, according to the Assessor’s Online Database, which was the same year that this 1,300-square-foot house was constructed.
A hybrid that might be called a Cape Cod Ranch, this 1,100-square-foot house was built in 1952, according to the Assessor’s Online Database. It has been owned since 2011 by Mylan Janoplis, who is the proprietor, with Pamela Stahl, of the Red Shack at 315A Commercial Street, on Lopes Square.
Marcey Oil Company tank terminal
The seven large tanks of the Marcey Oil Company are an incongruous sight in the otherwise residential Mayflower Heights-Beach Point area, but the presence of the company in this part of town goes back at least to 1939, when the Marcey Oil and Ice Company applied for a permit to store heating oil in two 5,000-gallon tanks. Edward “Marcey” Salvador (1914-1994), who had worked for the DeRiggs Ice Company at 194 Bradford Street, established his own ice and oil business in 1937. More history»