From the 1830s through the 1860s, the building at No. 90 was the Union Exchange, serving the large and busy Union Wharf. It was purchased in 1868 by the Seamen’s Savings Bank, which was then across the road, at No. 99. The bank remained here until 1892, serving many Long Point transplants before moving to 276 Commercial. A cache of Portuguese coins was found here decades later by Frank Roza, owner of the building. The art dealer Harry Salpeter opened a gallery here in 1954. Yvonne Andersen and Dominic Falcone, alumni of the Sun Gallery, opened the Front Street Gallery here in 1962, with Salvatore and Josephine Del Deo. The space was then used as a studio by Romanos Rizk. It is now the law office of Frederick Long. He and his wife, Joy, bought the building in 2004 and restored it commendably.
More than 2,000 buildings and vessels are searchable on buildingprovincetown.com. The Building Provincetown book is available for purchase ($20) at Town Hall, Office of the Town Clerk, 260 Commercial Street, Provincetown 02657.